Introduction to Kundalaini Yoga
- YOGA OF AWARENESS
- Yoga= union
- Kundalini = is a form of divine feminine energy(or shakti) believed to be located at the base of the spine, in the muladhara.
- Energy rises up along the spine to the crown in moments of awareness or enlightments
- Kundalini is “the innate intelligence of embodied Consciousness”.
- Vedic and Hindu lineage–The concept of Kundalini is mentioned in the Upanishads(9th – 7th centuries BCE)
- Tantric and Sikh roots
- Teaching brought to West in the 1960s by several teachers
Dr. Alisun Bonville
- Naturopathic Physician in private practice
- Level one teacher training 220 hour
- Level two – partially completed 300 hour training
- Love practicing Whole-Being medicine, which to me means
- body, genetics, mind, emotions—strong therapies and science in modern era
- soul, consciousness, and connection to the whole (aka spirit)—strong knowledge or awareness from ancient cultures